Monday, June 1, 2015

Daisy Chain Comleted

Hello!

I know, I know. I haven't been around much. I have all the excuses in the world but mainly I have been sewing my little heart out and just didn't have the inspiration to blog.

I finished the Daisy Chain quilt and I am pretty happy with it. More than happy; I'm kind of sad to give it away but I know that my niece will enjoy it.


I decided against putting borders on it; I can't remember why I originally made that decision (sheer laziness?) but am ultimately glad I did. I also took a little bit of a risk in binding it in black. I think it gives it a nice framing effect.

Now, lots of photos!









The piecing and the quilting were done by me. If I was to do it again the only thing I would change would be to do a stitch in the ditch of the all the crosses in the middle but I do like how they kind of blend into the rest of the fabric. 

To date, this is probably one of the biggest quilts I have done and I'm proud of myself. 

I have finished quite a few other projects on The List but I will be sharing them over the next couple of weeks. I challenged myself in the past six weeks and have set up some goals for the summer but I will talk about that in later posts. 

What are you planning on getting done with summer? 

Have a great week of sewing!

Kate

6 comments:

  1. I love the black binding, great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this super quilt. It looks like a fun one to make and will add it to my list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Caryl! Thanks for stopping by! I rarely make anything twice but I have now made this for both my daughter and my niece and loved making it both times. I'd even be willing to make it a third time (although not anytime soon! I'm a little big-quilted out). I hope you enjoy making it as much as I have!

      Delete