Tuesday, December 2, 2014

December Already!

Hello Friends!

I don't know about the rest of you but November was gone in a FLASH and December is here and, while I'm not entirely unprepared for the onslaught that is December, I think I could have used one more week of November in order to prepare myself. Does that make any sense?

Don't get me wrong: I have scaled WAY back this year in terms of expectations for myself and what I can accomplish for Christmas. I made the right decision when I had all of the my Christmas decoration boxes moved to the corner of the living room as we were moving in so I knew where they were. Most of my decorations are up and I'm making mental notes of what I want to do differently next year but I just can't go nuts trying to make my house look entirely put together for Christmas, and continue to unpack, and do all the normal day-to-day things that have to get done. This would not be a happy household come Christmas.


That huge into does lead me into the crafting portion of the blog! I kind of, sorta starting putting together my sewing space in the family room. This is what it looks like now:

SO MUCH STUFF!

Such Bad Lighting!

No room for crafting!

Our plan is to have both my sewing area and my husband's art area incorporated into the family room with all the kids' stuff so we can all do our thing but not be separated from each other. The kids can play/watch a movie while I sew and my husband paints, draws or builds stuff. I'll let you know how that goes!

I've got to find homes for everything, even if that home is the thrift store and that will be happening soon! I've got one giant box of stuff ready to donate and now that I've got the kids' toys out...you know more stuff is going to get donated! 

As I've stated in other posts, the way I kind of keep myself together is to always have a little something to work on once the kids are in bed. For a while I was making cross stitch Christmas ornaments but I got tired of making them; the patterns were cute but the color schemes were awful: so much fluorescent orange. I was talking to my sister last week and she mentioned she needed to start her son's Christmas stocking and I thought that was a pretty good place to go next in my cross stitching. 

"But Kate! Wait!! You just said above you weren't going to put any undue pressure on yourself to finish stuff by Christmas!"

Yes, I know. I have no plans to finish the stocking for this Christmas but I do have every intention of finishing it by next Christmas. 

Anyway, here's where I am at with it:


You can't tell right now but that's the backside of a chair and a fireplace grate. Well, I'm gonna get back to it! 

What are you working on for Christmas 2014? or Christmas 2015? 

Have a Happy Week

Kate


No comments:

Post a Comment