Tuesday, April 21, 2015

A Random Update

Well....

I haven't got that much done on anything lately.

Although I did make these Cherry Heart Mini Pies, so I have accomplished something this past week.

And, yes, this is the last one. 

OK, and I have worked a little bit on my son's Christmas stocking:

I'm pretty sure that brown underneath the cat is not the right color....


I'm going to be really honest with you: I've been toying with the idea of shutting this whole thing down-maybe a hiatus for the summer? Maybe permanent?

Since the move, I have been driving about 34 miles each way so the kids could finish out the school year at their old school. I love this little school they are in and don't regret the decision, but it means that for about five hours every day, I'm not home. That's five hours of not getting chores done, of working on meals, of working to make our vegetable garden happen.  I feel like even though we moved back in November, I still haven't moved completely in: things still feel all strewn all over the place, there are a couple of boxes I can't find to save my life, and the whole house just doesn't feel settled to me.

The worst part is I haven't found a great place for my sewing stuff. The place where it is now doesn't have great light, and it feels even more dark and cold down there in the evenings when I do most of my work. Having my sewing machine on my dining room table, while really accessible and in the most light-filled place in the house, isn't exactly practical.

So, I feel a little lost.

Plus, maybe I need to re-think my whole premise of this blog.  I think what has happened is I have painted myself into a corner of "having" to do certain projects before I start other ones and sewing, quilting and crafting has now become a chore, rather than fun.

So, what do you do when you are in a slump? Chuck it all? Take a step back? Keep pushing forward?

I'm going to sit on this for a little bit and I will let you know what I come up with; in the mean time, feel free to chime in your ideas!

Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment