Friday, September 28, 2012

Non-Christmas part 1

Right now I am in the midst of potty training. I'm exhausted and I've only been at this for two days. So my drive/want/need/inspiration to write again has been lacking. Oh well, let's get to it, shall we?

In the last post I showed off all of the Christmas projects I have on my sewing table. Some have yet to be started, some are partially done and really some only need a few stitches and they are finished. It's sad, really. It's like I can't complete some things. Looking at my Christmas and non-Christmas projects I probably have many many more non-Christmas projects but in my mind it just seems like a lot less since so many of the non-Christmas projects haven't even been started.

One of my favorite cross stitch websites is Stoney Creek and many of the cross stitch kits I have came from here. They do a "Pattern of the Month" where you can get a free pattern once a month and you just pay for shipping. They usually have a couple of them going on at any given time but I really liked this one and have been working on it since this past January.
I really should have ironed the aida before I took the pictures but the deed is done. I was doing one a month but then 75% of my family came and visited me this summer (which was awesome) and it just kind of fell by the wayside. As you can see I am up to August but I'll be honest, I have no idea what I am going to do with them once I am done. I could mount them and then change them out each month from a little frame. I could make them into little ornaments and hang them from a knob but I think my house is knob free. I'll think of something. They're cute. That's all that matters.


Next I have some bigger cross stitch kits that I have purchased over the last few years. I really need to stop buying them. They are beautiful and I love them but more often than not they are just so big or intricate or I have no idea where I am going to put them that about half way through I get discouraged. I do have plans for these four, the map I am working on, but I'm not holding my breath that they will be picked first, you know?



I like these flowers; they will look nice in my living room.









I had this picture in my room growing up as a child. I thought it would be nice for the kids. I might also give it away. Depends on when I make it.







This is my mom's favorite picture of the Blessed Virgin. Here they call it Mother and Child but it appears to be modeled after Roberto Ferruzzi's "Madonna of the Streets."











That's pretty much it for the counted cross stitch projects I have going. The next post will discuss the quilting and sewing gems I have stashed away in my project laundry basket. My brain has suddenly decided to stop working so I'm going to call it quits while I am ahead.

Happy Sewing!

oops! I forgot to show where I am on the map project. That was also kind of getting me down this week. I was off by a few stitches and so I had to rip out about a 2 x 2 inch chunk of it. I hate having to do that but since I am constrained by a border I can't be sewing all nimbly bimbly. Here it is:

No comments:

Post a Comment