Monday, September 15, 2014

Dashed Dreams

I had high hopes for today, friends, high hopes.

It appeared that the sun, moon and stars had aligned in my favor: the oldest was in Kindergarten and didn't need to be picked up for 2.5 hours, the youngest was sleeping peacefully, and the middle one was running around out back with his new water gun he had picked up from Grandma's yesterday.  In front of me I had a quick little project to make that would satiate this need to create and to get something out of my laundry basket that would only take an hour.

As I was gleefully cutting, pinning and following a tutorial along on YouTube, I was mentally writing my blog post about how easy and fast this little project was! I couldn't believe my luck! I couldn't wait to share it with all of you.

This is what I was working with!



Then the part to start sewing the first of three seams came up and I paused YouTube. Right now my sewing area is in a bit of disarray because of the staging process and I needed to find the pedal and the plug to my sewing machine. Pedal? Check. Plug. Where's the plug? WHERE'S THE PLUG??

I searched high and low. There's not much to go through since I have gotten rid of stuff and have organized the remnants. The plug is nowhere to be found. I believe it is in storage an hour north at my in-law's house.

I'm so bummed.

I have progressed a teensy bit on my cross stitch.

Here's where I was last week:



And here's where I am today:


Not only can I not have the plug for my sewing machine but I can't find the battery charger for my camera. But you can see in the poorly lit picture above that I have backstitched what I had done last week and started working on the O. 

Here's hoping I find the plug next time I'm at the in-laws!




No comments:

Post a Comment