Thursday, September 11, 2014

Fall Quilt Complete!

So, does anybody  else have the back-to-school-bug? Because my whole family has it. We all just look and feel miserable. My folks left yesterday (*sad face*) and my mom took it home with her. Sorry family in Arizona!

This last week has been busy! The house is all ready to be put on the market: it's cleaned and staged and ready to go. I'm feeling simultaneously excited and nervous. The only thing that is pressing on my mind is finding new schools for the kids and putting them through that transition. I know, I know. It's not a big deal to switch schools when they are this young. The only thing they are worried about is if all of their stuff is going to come to the new house as well. Thinking about it, that sounds pretty nice: selling the house "as is" and not having to pack as much and starting over at the new house. I guess if money was no object...... oh well, a lady can dream, right?

Moving on....

I finished the Autumn Sampler!  Here it is in all its glory:




I think it turned out quite nicely. It's amazing how the back stitching in the corners really bring out the quilt blocks. For those of you keeping track at home, this is called "Fall Quilt" by Stoney Creek. You can find it here.

Granted, it's not completely finished (as in to hanging quality) but at least it is all stitched. 

I started the next project to keep me busy while the house is on the market and I can't make a huge mess, i.e. no quilts. 



I'm about halfway done already. I really like fast projects! 

Don't forget to join in on the social media fun! You can Like me on Facebook here or follow me on Instagram here

Happy Sewing!

Kate



No comments:

Post a Comment