Monday, March 16, 2015

Daisy Chain part 2

Hi!

It's Monday! We don't have school today and it's been kind of awesome. I've been sewing my tail off these past few days (it helped that it rained cats and dogs yesterday), trying to get all the blocks done for the Daisy Chain quilt.

If you follow me on Instagram or Facebook , you may have seen the more day-to-day stuff I have been doing.
A single block

Four blocks together

About 1/3 of the way done

Half way done


I just got all 48 blocks done this afternoon and was able to lay them out while the kiddos were "napping" (laying in their beds doing their best not to sleep). 

All laid out and nowhere to go!



Once I have the blocks sewn together I'm going to lay it out on my nieces bed to see if it is big enough and how much, if any, of a border I need to put around it. I'm hoping that if it hangs well, I can just leave it "as is" and bind it with a scrappy binding. I think that would give it a nice, modern finish.

I'm already starting to think about how I am going to quilt it (I'm thinking cross hatch) and what I am going to do for a back. 

With all of these blocks and having to lay them out on my living room floor I am starting to think I need to make a design wall for my sewing room. Anybody have one that was easy to make and not super expensive? I'd love to hear what all of you quilters use! 

I hope your week goes well! 

Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment