Sunday, March 10, 2013

St. Patrick's Day Garland

Lately my brain has been a little mushy; the second trimester will do that to a person. However, this means I can't wrap my brain around finishing my Fall Sampler I'm supposed to be working on but I do not do well without something in my hands. What do they say? Idle hands are the devil's playground?

I needed something to keep me busy and that was also a little mindless to work on while watching a movie after the kids had gone to bed.







I have no pictures of the process but it was pretty simple. I made a template out of thin plastic from a shamrock I found on the internet. I traced it out on different shades of green card stock, cut those bad boys out and then punched holes to lace the ribbon through. I found ribbon at Joann's for $.50 (yes cents!) for six yards. Awesome. I strung them up over my bay window and used a little masking tape (classy-I know) to make the little swags.

Easy Peasy.



The pictures are a little dark (I'm working on replacing that blind-it goes no higher than what you see here--a huge bummer!) but hopefully you get the essence of what I was trying to accomplish!


No comments:

Post a Comment