Monday, May 27, 2013

The Baby Quilt Top is Done!

If you have been following the blog you might know that my husband and I are expecting our third child this summer, a little girl! I started my own tradition where I have made baby quilts for each of the kids. I love the idea that they go to sleep each night wrapped in a blanket that I have made--although they usually don't start using them until they are a little older to have a blanket around them. The quilts I have made for my oldest daughter and son are dragged around everywhere-their newest thing is after breakfast to go get their "blankie" or "kee kee" from their  rooms and then lay on the couch and look at books after I have snuggled them into place. It's really super cute. Makes my heart melt.

I really should take a picture of them and post them on the site.

But back to this quilt. This quilt is HUGE, which I like since then she will be able to wrap herself in it  and pretend she is a shepherd, a princess, or anything else she wants and be nice and warm.

I had to get my husband to act as my model and hold up the quilt for me so I could get some good shots of it.
Even though they caused much gnashing of teeth, I love the mini pinwheels in all four corners!










My only real complaint with this quilt is I dislike that the white background fabric wrinkles so darn easily. If I had to do it over again I would have chosen one with a small pattern in it. But, as we all know, hindsight is always 20/20. 

I wasn't even going to attempt to quilt this one myself. Luckily, my husband's cousin has a long arm quilting machine and she has agreed to quilt it for me. Once I get it back from her I will post pictures of the final project!

2 comments:

  1. Who is the handsome quilt model you got to hold up the quilt?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving the pinwheels and the colors. it is so light you will be washing often.

    ReplyDelete