Friday, April 4, 2014

Sidetracked Again

As we all know, I have a problem.

I have far too many projects- 75+ and counting.

Hence, the lottery and this website.

Plus I am easily sidetracked by seasonal stuff I want to do-I made some glitter X's and O's for Valentine's Day I haven't posted about, St. Patrick's Day garland seen here and made more awesome here, Halloween costumes , and so much more! There's actually a couple more counted cross stitch items I need to add to The List .

But there's just so many awesome things to do, you know? And sometimes hand quilting can get SO boring and I need to change it up a little.

Anyway, what I am trying to say is this: I've been side tracked.

Again.

But it's for a good reason! I swear!

Here's how it all started. I saw on Facebook that one of my favorite quilt stores, The Wild Rose Quilt Shop, needed help with some counted cross stitch samples. They are opening up a little sister store in one of the cruise ports in Alaska this summer and, among other things, will be selling Alaskan themed ornaments.

Hello?!?! How could I say no to that request? I like love counted cross stitching and I'm really good at it. So, for the last two weeks, I have been busting these bad boys out every couple of nights.









I have liked working on them since they aren't my usual subject matter. They are really small (stitched on 22 count Aida cloth) and go really fast.

I hope to have all of them stitched by next week and can spend next weekend framing them.

What are you working on these days?




No comments:

Post a Comment