Thursday, January 1, 2015

2015 Goal: Focus

Happy New Year Friends!

2014 was a great year and I'm looking forward to 2015.

Even though I kind of like resolutions, I'm not going to make any big ones for the blog this year. I am, however, going to to rely on just one word to help keep me on track. My word for the blog this year is Focus.

The more I think about it, the more I realize it applies to many aspects of my blog.  I am easily distracted by other projects, I don't stick with the lottery, sometimes I am so eager to just finish a project that I don't focus on the one in front of me and it isn't always done as nicely as I would like.

The first thing I am going to focus on is I have re-tooled The List. I went through all my craft stuff, the ideas that are circulating through my head, the commitments I have made to other people and all of the projects I have finished since I started the blog. For 2015 I am going to focus only on the projects on my List, using the Lottery system to determine which project comes next, and I'm going to start by working on all the projects I have started but never completed. Once all of the projects I have started have been completed, I will move on to the rest of The List.

I really want to focus on making sure I perform quality workmanship, pay (more) attention to details and finishing details. I want to focus on improving my craft and spending more time doing a little research and even practicing various techniques before working on my final project.

What does this mean for the blog? I don't know. I don't know if there will be more or less posts but I do intend on sharing any helpful tutorials I find along the way. I'm just hoping to stay focused on the project at hand and making quality projects.

Focus will follow me through the blog and my personal life but I think it's going to bring good things to both.

Happy New Year! I can't wait to see what we all craft together!

Kate

PS
I am totally not at all worried about 21 unfinished projects and 67 projects I haven't even started! Check them all out here!


No comments:

Post a Comment