Tuesday, January 6, 2015

First Project of 2015

Hi Friends-

I picked the first project of 2015! If you look on The List, the first part of it is all of the projects I had started and never finished. Using a random number generator my next project is #21: Fixing and painting a little wooden basket I have in the living room.

I purchased this little guy at a garage sale a couple of years ago and keep small, seasonal toys (right now it has a Fisher Price Nativity) in it. It's a nice way to keep toys in the living room but have them easily out of sight for the 10 minutes a day when the room is tidy.

However, the bottom of the basket is starting to come off, the paint is chipping and my youngest likes to push it around while on her knees and it is starting to scratch the hardwood floors. So I started sanding it then I will spray paint it black and then attach a piece of black felt to the bottom so it can still slide but won't scratch up the floors.

I've got some action shots this time that my husband took:


In the picture above, I'm actually vacuuming up the sawdust. Yes, I did start sanding in the kitchen-it was not a great idea. 

I'm vacuuming my pants in this one!

Frankly, that's as far as I've gotten. I thought I was all prepared for school to start again yesterday but I'm not. I'm hoping to have it done by the end of this weekend!

What's everybody else working on? Let me know in the comments!

Have a great week!
Kate


No comments:

Post a Comment