Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Under the Weather

HI Friends!

Just wanted to check in with everyone. I was under the weather all last week---took a medication that wiped my entire system and haven't felt much like myself lately. I have managed to start working on the back of my ugly quilt. Since I decided that I wanted it to be a picnic blanket, I wanted the back to be pretty durable. I had been holding onto about a half dozen pairs of adult and kid jeans and thought I would cut them up and make the back of the quilt with those.

At first I was just going to slice 'em, dice 'em and then re-sew them back together but then I came across a denim quilt pattern somewhere on the internet (I swear I wasn't looking for it) and just knew I had to make it.

I will share where to get the pattern next time (it's gorgeous) but for now just a shout letting you know I'm around and still working....and maybe a few pictures.

Someone decided the quilt top was appropriate for dress up!

The girl who just started walking!

My squares so far. Yes-my cutting area is a disaster

My pile of jeans!

Here's hoping this week goes better. Hope you all have a good week!

Kate


No comments:

Post a Comment